THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, University Park, PA
– Ph.D. in French and Francophone Studies (May 2015)
THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, Gainesville, FL
– Assistant University Librarian (August 2015 – Present)
Areas of Specialization
- European languages, literatures, and cultures (Spanish, French, Italian, German, and Portuguese).
- Nineteenth and twentieth century French and Francophone literature and history
- Book history and print culture studies
- Digital Humanities
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Asher, A., Shelton, T., Heckathorn, J., & Huet, H. “Patron Driven Acquisition of Print Monographs and Music Scores: A Pilot Program Case Study.” Musical Reference Services Quarterly (November 2018).
- Hines, A., Huet, H., Ewing, S., & Freund, L. “Team Up: Collaborating with Public Relations Students to Promote Library Subject Specialists.” College & Research Libraries News 78.9 (October 2017): 506-509.
- Huet,H. “Mapping Decadence: From a Hunch to a Website.” Journal of Map & Geography Libraries: Advance in Geospatial Information, Collections & Archives 11.1 (May 2015): 80-90.
Refereed Book Chapter
- Huet, H., & Schwieder, D. “Improving Graduate Students’ Research Skills: The Graduate Student Research Series at the University of Florida.” In Transforming Libraries to Serve Graduate Students. Eds. Crystal Renfro and Cheryl Stiles, Chicago, IL: Association of College & Research Libraries, 2018: 315-24.
Grout, Holly. The Force of Beauty: Transforming French Ideas of Femininity in the Third Republic. In Contemporary French Civilization 42.2 (2017): 229-31. https://doi.org/10.3828/cfc.2017.14
- Mazur Thomson, Ellen. Aesthetic Tracts: Innovation in Late-Nineteenth-Century Book Design. In Nineteenth Century Studies, Online Reviews, The New (2017). http://english.selu.edu/ncs/TheNew.php#AestheticTracts
|Role||Agency||Grant Title||Dates||Total Award|
|Team Member||CLIR||Film on a Boat: Digitizing Historical Newspapers of the Caribbean (round one)||Jan. 2019- Dec. 2021||$434,124|
|Co-PI||NEH||Migration, Mobility, and Sustainability: Caribbean Studies and Digital Humanities Institute||Sept. 2018 –Aug. 2019||$212,000|
|Co-PI||UF Libraries||Visual Anthropology Graduate Internship||May – Aug. 2018||$2,500|
|PI||UF Libraries||Digital Scholarship at UF Workshop||July 2017 – July 2018||$4,907|
|PI||UF Libraries||Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) Graduate Internship||May – June 2017||$1,800|
National and International Conferences
- “Graduate Student Internships in an Academic Library: A Case Study at the University of Florida.” Digital Library Forum 2018, Las Vegas, NV, Oct. 2018.
- “Assessing the Effectiveness of Student-Generated PR Strategies in an Academic Library.” American Library Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, June 2018.
- “Team Up: Collaborating with Public Relations Students to Promote Library Subject Specialists.” Poster. The Association of College and Research Libraries, Baltimore, MD, March 2017.
- “Children of Decadence: The Forgotten Children’s Literature of Rémy de Gourmont.”Society for the History of Authorship, Reading, and Publishing Annual Conference (“Languages of the Book”), Paris, France. July 2016.
- “Digital Humanities and French Cultural Studies.” 40 Years of Contemporary French Civilization Conference, Baltimore, MD. Sept. 2015.
- “Mapping Decadence.” Society for the History of Authorship, Reading, and Publishing Annual Conference (“The Generation and Regeneration of Books”), Longueil/Montréal, Canada. July 2015.
- “Women’s Instructional Writings in Nineteenth-Century France: A Digital Bibliography.” Women’s History in the Digital World, Bryn Mawr College. May 2015.
- “Decadent Imaginations: The Role of Illustrations in the Books of Joris-Karl Huysmans and Marcel Schwob.” Nineteenth-Century French Studies Colloquium, University of Puerto Rico (UPR). Oct. 2014 (and organizer of session on “Dénicheurs, Decadence and Other Worlds: The Image and the Fait Divers”).
- “Mapping Decadence: Visualizing Relationships between Writers and Publishers.” Western Society for French History Annual Conference, Georgia State University. Oct. 2013 (and organizer of session on “Humanities in a Digital Age: Using Digital Tools for Research and Teaching”).
- « Clarimonde : femme fatale, vampire décadente ? » Nineteenth-Century French Studies Colloquium, University of Pennsylvania/Villanova University. Oct. 2011.
Select Invited Talks
- “Intersections between International Studies and Digital Humanities.” International Studies/Digital Humanities Symposium, University of North Florida. March 2018.
- “The Digital Library of the Caribbean and Digital Humanities: Opportunities and Resources for Research, Teaching, and Collaboration.” Keynote for the 12th Annual Symposium Spanish and Portuguese Studies, University of Florida. Jan. 2018.
- “Humanities Ph.Ds at Work: Career Paths in Librarianship.” The University of Florida. Sept. 2017.
- “Issues in Humanities Data Sharing.” NFAIS 2016 Humanities Roundtable. Sept. 2016.