Caribbean Scholarship in the Digital Age is a webinar series showcasing digital and/as public research and teaching in Caribbean Studies. The series provides a collaborative space for professionals to share on projects and experiences to foster communication and support our shared constellations of communities of practice.
Please join us for an upcoming event, Digitization Training for dLOC Partners, April 2, 2018, 11:30am-12:30pm (Miami Time). Presenter: Laura Perry
Click here to participate in the online event: https://zoom.us/j/3982941835
About the Presentation:
The Digitization Training for dLOC contributors will provide a broad overview of the digitization process. At the end of this webinar, users will have a better understanding of metadata creation, digitization using a flatbed scanner, dSLR camera set-up, file editing and naming, folder structure, serial hierarchy creation and file delivery.
About the Speaker:
Laura Perry, Manager of Digital Production Services. Laura manages the team that conducts digitization and ingests content into the UF Digital Collections (UFDC) and the Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC). She serves as a resource for providing information on best practices for digitization and digital preservation.
About the Caribbean Scholarship in the Digital Age Webinar Series:
The Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC), in partnership with the Center for Latin American Studies at the University of Florida, Association of Caribbean University, Research and Institutional Libraries (ACURIL), the Graduate School of Information Sciences and Technologies of the University of Puerto Rico, the Latin American and Caribbean Cultural Heritage Archives roundtable (LACCHA) of the Society of American Archivists (SAA), and the Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials (SALALM), has organized a series of online events, Caribbean Scholarship in the Digital Age, a webinar series showcasing digital and/as public research and teaching in Caribbean Studies. The series provides a collaborative space for professionals to share on projects and experiences to foster communication and support our shared constellations of communities of practice.
Webinars in the 2018 series are:
- April 2, 11:30-12:30pm: Digitization Training for dLOC Contributors (English)
- Presented by Laura Perry, University of Florida
- April 9, 11am-12pm: Demystifying Digital History (English)
- Presented by Dr. Debbie McCollin, University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad
- May 7, 11am-12pm: Ramble Bahamas (English)
- Presented by Dr. Tracey Thompson and Jessica Dawson, University of The Bahamas (Facilitator: Crystal Felima)
- May 16, 11am-12pm: Présentation du projet British Library (French)
- Presenter: Marie-France Guillaume, Bibliothèque Haïtienne des Frères de l’Instruction Chrétienne (Facilitator: Dr. Hélène Huet)
Please join us for next stage conversations at ACURIL’s 2018 annual conference, focusing on Interdisciplinary Research in the Caribbean: http://libguides.uwi.edu/acurilconference2018